Thursday, May 22, 2014

Ride # 51: In Between Showers

Thursday afternoon around 4:30
May 22
Damp and overcast

Another day when I almost didn't ride. It rained earlier, a heavy downpour around noon and then sporadically through early afternoon. Then it stopped and the streets began drying out. It was cool and overcast and I wore tights, a long sleeve and a short sleeve bike jersey, a windbreaker. Rain threatened, a thick gray sky heavy with moisture.


Forest Gnome

But it did not rain. The entire ride was dry. Even better, the thick moisture-heavy day pulsed with emerging greenery, whole roadways lined with fecund green, glorious to ride through.


Upper North Row Road


Approaching Sholan Farm
County Cork

Question I pondered at one point:

If you were having the time of your life and you knew you were having the time of your life, really KNEW it, and knew too that it would never again be as good as the time of your life you were having, would you approach things differently?

Ride Summary: 17.89 miles (28 K), 14.4 mph. No road kill. A few big crows. A few places that felt like Ireland.

Note that the Strava stats differ from those above because I got about 3 miles into the ride and realized I'd left my phone at home on the deck, exposed to potential rain. So I went back for it and only then was I able to start tracking the ride.

1 comment:

  1. Rainy wet cold day haiku.
    No no no no no
    No no no no no no no
    No no no no no

    iCodulus

    ReplyDelete