Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Tuesday

Just Tuesday. But sunny, bright. I summoned the motivation and went out. It was the right thing to do. On the 28+ mile loop, I saw this:

Holden Reservoir

That was enough to fill the day with goodness. I felt strong, too, a bonus. Windy, but there was no bite in today's wind. I dressed correctly. Though when the sun sank low enough and I rode in shadow, that was chilly. But not until near the end, at which point I ramped up my effort and went all out.

Oh, the snowstorm I mentioned previously did happen, but in a very benign way. We got maybe 5 inches overnight on Sunday but Monday warmed up and most of the snow melted. In the hilly forest slopes, some remains, as the photo below on Reservoir Rd attests. But the storm was more or less a non event and won't compromise training at all.

Bailey Rd, March 22, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment