Sunday, June 8, 2014

Ride 59: There and Back Again

Tiki Style
Saturday, June 7, 2014
Around noon

Today was supposed to be a day of rest in advance of the Tour de Heifer but the day turned out to be so stellar, so picture perfect, so Glorious-Day-in-June, that I couldn't NOT ride. What did I do? A summit ride, of course. These days, if the ride doesn't include a summit of Wachusett, the Little Argentine on my shoulder hisses in my ear "You're a baby! You should go to the summit, you slacker."

I did what I almost never do which is to ride to the mountain top taking the most direct route possible and then returning exactly the same way; it is, in essence, an arrow to the top. There and back again with no deviation.


The June Niceness from On High

Ride Summary: 25.88 miles to the top direct (41 K); there and back from Doyle Field in under 2 hours. With the sweetness! Strava details.

Road Kill: Chipmunks (a few), one pictured.

A bad day for chipmunk slaughter
One of three at least



No comments:

Post a Comment