Monday, August 11, 2014

Ride # 67: Two in a Row

The only photo from today's ride
The gulping mouth and thrusting head
of Shaddy Dubstoevsky

It might have been wiser to take a day or two off after assaulting the mountain for the first time in almost two months. But I'm not that smart so I opted to ride and see how I'd feel on 15 hours of recovery time. The verdict? I didn't feel that great.

But that's okay. I expected not to feel that strong. I didn't push it.

I realized that the day after would be the proving ground - how would I feel after riding two days in a row? I'm happy to note that today (Monday) the day after an essentially flat and low intensity ride, I'm not stiff or sore at all. And knee feels fine. So two back-to-back weekend rides are sort of a triumph (short as they were). With the Niceness ...

Ride Details: 25.47 miles, 14.7 mph, 1 hour and forty minutes (approx). Strava detail. Starting to believe that I can do the D2R2.

No comments:

Post a Comment