Thursday, February 13, 2014

Nor'easter!

Yes, it is February in New England.

Another day, another snow storm. I'm not sure even a Fat Bike would be of much use in this snowmageddon.

Today's nor'easter (raging as I type this) will certainly dump a foot of snow on us, possibly more. Ugly business.


Nor'easter Style
February 13, 2014
So how many days will it be before I can ride again?

The positive thing is that the days are getting longer, inexorably so. The rotation of the earth is in Shad's favor, even if winter itself conspires to defeat my training.

1 comment:

  1. Batten down those hatches! Love the lead foto motif of your posts - just one like this one and the series tilts in a wonderful way. Get one of those balloon bikes and get out there and don't forget to bring an avalanche rescue kit - saw them in Switzerland for sale in outdoor shops, a giant airbag in a backpack. The avalanche is about to bury you and you pull the cord and pop the airbag opens and keeps you up above the roaring walls of falling snow. Allez!

    Had a frightening week this week: was not happy with my doctor and his assistant and how they were not taking time to answer my questions and explain my pain and still my worries. Then 10 days ago after a new round of x-rays they mildly told me to go to a radiologist for a special test becuase the x-rays were not conclusive in a special regard. I left their office thinking fuck you and I got a second opinion from a sport othopaedic surgeon. He let me have it on Monday hard: there's a serious danger of the break not healing properly. Stop putting weight on it! Be careful! Freaked me out. I had to wait till today for an appointment with the guys who originally repaired the break back in Nov. They compared their original xrays with the new ones. The sport othopaed told me to go to them and get them to compare the pictures. The wait from Mon to today was awful. I was afraid to do anything involving the leg. Stayed inside. Today they gave me the all-clear. No danger. Things are going well. Continue your rehab program. Now I'm exhausted.

    Scrod

    ReplyDelete